Habitat for Humanity (HFH) is a Christian leading international non-governmental organization dealing with housing poverty around the world.
The vision for HFH Poland is to mobilize people as well as financial and social resources in order to serve as a partner and catalyst for access to decent, safe, affordable housing in Poland. We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of:
The Advocacy Manager is responsible for leading the Advocacy Department in reaching the advocacy goals of Habitat for Humanity Poland. S/he accomplishes this by outstanding delivery, together with quality control and evaluation. The Advocacy Manager as a subject matter expert is a key representative of Habitat for Humanity Poland in the external relations with partners and stakeholders. This position requires travel throughout Poland with some travel abroad.
- Initiate and develop partnerships of advocates for affordable and accessible housing;
- Maintain housing topics high in the public debate agenda;
- Lead, plan and implement advocacy program of HFH Poland;
- Oversee and coordinate selected advocacy projects, resources and schedules;
- Support, plan and coordinate main HFH Poland’s advocacy events for external public;
- Provide input and facilitate active engagement and consultation with HFH EMEA and HFH International advocacy teams;
- Prepare reports and other publications on advocacy work in Poland;
- Provide research data and other expertise together with comments as necessary;
- Coordinate daily tasks of any other staff joining the Advocacy Department;
- Provide input for fundraising effort for advocacy-related initiatives.
- Minimum of a BA, (MA preferred) in the area of public policy, political science, international or development economics, journalism, communications, public administration, sociology or a related social science discipline;
- Experience in planning and executing advocacy campaigns and/or management;
- Proficiency in English;
- Communications skills in Polish and English, both written and verbal;
- Good understanding of strategy on how to connect the politics of poverty housing with strengthening public opinion and action;
- Knowledge and experience of working with both traditional and new media for advocacy;
- Understanding of housing sector and social exclusion is expected but not critical;
- Organizational skills;
- Keen political awareness and ability to handle sensitive issues with diplomacy and to otherwise cultivate productive relationships;
- Dynamic self-starter; highly motivated, comfortable in taking initiative and able to work with moderate supervision.
For a detailed information on HFH Poland please visit our website: www.habitat.pl
CV and motivation letter should be completed in English and submitted to our e-mail address: email@example.com with the reference number AM/2019 in the topic. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview (also in English).