We encourage local and international volunteers to be involved in all spheres of our activities, including our construction and renovation projects. If you are interested in becoming our volunteer, please email our volunteer coordinator Magdalena Więch at: email@example.com.
Highlights – volunteering:
– 680 volunteers involved in FY 2016
– 11220 hours of volunteering help contributed in FY 2016
– 11 Global Village teams hosted in FY 2016
– 17 Global Village teams to be hosted in FY 2017
Every volunteer can find a way to get involved in our activities:
1..Individual volunteers from abroad
You can come to Poland for one up to three weeks and volunteer at a build site as a participant of the Global Village program.
What is Global Village?
The Global Village program sends volunteers to build projects with Habitat for Humanity all over the world. Get your hands dirty on the work site, meet families whose housing situations have been improved with Habitat’s help, experience the area like a local and be part of a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience is required! With Habitat, you can help make the world a better place.
More information about the Global Village program is available at: www.habitat.org.
What does a Global Village trip to Poland look like?
All trips include a mix of work, rest and free time. You can join us at a build site which is situated either in Central Poland (near our Warsaw office) or in Southern Poland (near our Gliwice office).
As a Global Village volunteer, you will be part of a team consisting of up to 20 people and you will work hand in hand with our local instructors, who will provide your with all the necessary OHS training and guidance. Wherever possible, you will work also with the project beneficiaries and local volunteers (usually members of Habitat for Humanity school groups, so-called Campus Chapters).
What will you build in:
The build might involve construction, renovation and adaptation of:
• houses and apartments of low-income families
• residential facilities serving vulnerable populations (e.g. the homeless, physically and intellectually handicapped, people recovering from substance misuse, foster care alumni)
What will you do in your free time:
Your free time activities will depend on the location of your build site and the preferences of your team. If choose a project in the Warsaw area, you will normally visit Warsaw’s Old Town and its selected cultural attractions (for example, the Warsaw Uprising Museum or the Museum of Polish Jews). If you choose a project in the Gliwice area, you will normally visit Cracow’s Old Town and the Auschwitz Museum in Oświęcim.
2..Individual volunteers from Poland
As an individual volunteer based in Poland, you can get involved by:
- helping us as a skilled volunteer over the Internet or in our office – we are always in need of Polish to English translators, English proofreaders, grant writers, graphic designers, photographers and filmmakers
- organizing a fundraiser in your local community and donating the proceeds to a selected construction or renovation project
- becoming a team leader of a Global Village team and recruiting a team who will travel abroad to help at a Habitat build site
3. Corporate volunteers from Poland and abroad
We organize corporate volunteering events for employees of the businesses which support us with monetary donations. Those events may involve employees who work in Poland and/or abroad.
If you want to learn more about volunteering offer for businesses, please contact our fundraising manager Justyna Kalita: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also download our PDF presentation about corporate volunteering.