JOB TITLE: National Director
LOCATION: Habitat for Humanity Poland, Warsaw
REPORTS TO: Supervisory Board of HFH Poland
CROSS FUNCTIONAL REPORTING TO: HFHI EMEA Program Development Manager
- Fund Raising Manager
- Finance and HR Manager
- Advocacy Manager
- Program Director
TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Hire, train and orient key management staff of HFH Poland;
- Develop and implement the organizational structure and a system of co-ordination within HFH Poland, including an effective and appropriate HR system in alignment with HFHI guidelines and national labor law;
- Develop and deploy effective training programs and equitable HR systems to invest in and retain quality personnel who are devoted to the mission, as the primary resource of the organization;
- Supervise key staff in the performance of their duties by providing overall direction, motivation, support and implementation of HR systems;
- Evaluate performance and cultivate the interest, involvement; and motivation of staff members on a quarterly basis through work plans and documented appraisal sessions.
Resource Development, Communications, and Advocacy
- Ensure the development of resources adequate to achieve short- and long-term strategic plans, in collaboration with the management board of directors and HFHI;
- Develop and implement a resource development strategy together with staff and HFHI;
- Develop and implement a communications strategy together with staff to promote the program and brand;
- Develop and implement an advocacy strategy together with staff and HFHI targeted at improving social and structural conditions related to poverty housing in Poland;
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and evaluation of annual resource development campaigns including deployment of systems, communications materials, and expansion initiatives;
- Diversify volunteers creatively, including corporations, students and youth, international visitors, and faith groups;
- Represent the organization in mass media and maintain effective relations with all stakeholders, including government officials, donors and sponsors, partners and homeowners, and the public at large.
- Ensure that programs are developed in accordance with HFH Poland strategy and the HFHI Standards of Excellence and other applicable HFHI policies, standards and guidelines;
- Ensure that all programs are achieving their goals and targets in accordance with the MoU signed with HFHI and HFH Poland annual plans;
- Identify and develop partnerships with appropriate organizations at a national level;
- Ensure that programs have viable resources, including volunteers, RD and PR as appropriate;
- Ensure the support and provision of resources for the development of new programs;
- Ensure construction programs supervised by HFH Poland meet the HFHI Housing Quality Standards;
- Capitalize on opportunities and overcome obstacles to achieve program scale, stability, and sustainability growth goals in alignment with Habitat for Humanity principles and core values;
- Evaluate, document, and report program results.
Legal and Finance
- Ensure organization’s compliance to national legal and tax requirements;
- Ensure organization’s compliance to the National Affiliation Agreement and MoUs with HFHI;
- Prepare a consolidated fiscal year budget, operational plan and schedule for the NO,, in accordance with the HFH Poland and HFHI EMEA strategy:
- propose budget distribution to HFHI EMEA;
- monitor the implementation of all plans and budgets.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy, and timely submission of quarterly financial report and monthly programmatic reports to HFHI EMEA;
- Monitor the financial stability of the organization;
- Fulfil reporting obligations required by Polish law;
- Ensure efficient and effective portfolio management and leverage resources for healthy growth and asset protection.
- Lead organizational strategy development and execution in alignment;
- Ensure that HFH Poland meets HFH National Organization Standards of Excellence;
- Lead the recruitment and orientation of local members of the Supervisory board;
- Chair the management board meetings, collaborate in policy development, ensure resolutions are implemented, and serve as liaison between the Supervisory board and the NO’s staff;
- Work with boards and staff of the NO to ensure selection of appropriate beneficiaries and support of beneficiaries;
- Ensure that the NO understands and implements their program in a manner consistent with HFHI’s mission and vision. Other related duties as determined by the Supervisory Board or PDM.
The National Director position requires travel throughout Poland with some travel across Europe. HFH Poland is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage qualified women and people from ethnic minorities to apply for this position.
- Masters degree in non-profit or business management; business administration; social science; urban planning; law or another appropriate field;
- Minimum 5 year experience in senior management positions;
- Minimum 7 year experience of working in a non-profit sector;
- Strategic planning experience and skills;
- Human resources management – experience of supervising and developing others and an understanding of performance management issues;
- Experience in financial management and budgeting;
- Experience and skills of building partnerships with government, corporate and NGO agencies;
- Capacity to develop and oversee the execution of a fundraising strategy;
- Experience in managing project and program life cycle;
- Excellent English and Polish (written and spoken).
- Experience and skills in developing advocacy for policy change;
- Experience of working with boards of directors;
- Understanding and/or experience of community development approaches;
- Understanding and/or experience international development policy and practice;
- Understanding and/or experience of developing housing projects;
- Understanding and/or experience in public relations.
CV and motivation letter should be completed in English and submitted by close of business Friday 29 April. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview (also in English).
If you are interested, please send your documents via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following statement in your application: „I hereby authorize you to process my personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2014, item 1182, 1662)”
List of acronyms contained in this document:
EMEA – Europe, Middle East and Africa; the HFHI regional headquarters for the region, FR – Fund Raising, HFH – Habitat for Humanity, HFHI – Habitat for Humanity International, HFH Poland – Habitat fo Humanity Poland, HR – Human Resources, INGO – International Non-governmental Organization, MoU – Memorandum of Understanding, NGO – Non-governmental Organization, NO – National Organization/National Office, PDM – Program Development Manager, PR – Public Relations, RD – Resource Development.