If you would like to support our operations with your time and strength, we invite you to help with our construction and renovation projects. Join a single-day event at a construction site to:
- Learn new and useful skills, such as laying floor panels, painting walls, applying plaster coat or even raising stud walls and laying tiles;
- Spend a day in a friendly atmosphere with people involved in helping others;
- Learn first-hand from our employees how Habitat for Humanity Poland works;
- Better understand the housing problems in Poland.
During most of our events, volunteers work hand by hand with the residents of constructed and renovated houses and apartments. At the construction site, you can usually directly meet the people that you are helping.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do the events take place?
We run our construction and renovation projects mainly in the region of Upper and Lower Silesia, as well as in Warsaw and its surroundings.
- Who can take part in a volunteering event?
In order to help at our construction site, you must be at least 16 years old. Both men and women can volunteer. We do not require experience in construction or renovation works. Our instructors will train you in a friendly and patient manner, while coordinating the works to ensure the highest possible quality.
- Is participating in a volunteering event safe?
Every project is supervised by a site manager. We provide safety trainings and all necessary personal safety equipment. All volunteers are provided with insurance.
- When do the events take place?
We regularly inform about open events for volunteers on our Facebook profile – you can sign up for these individually. However, if you have a group of friends or co-workers (a minimum of 10 people) and would like to participate together with them, apply to us and we will be happy to find an event date for you.
Download the construction site volunteer statement (download).